Clove Essential Oil
Many know about cooking with cloves, but many are unaware of the amazing power of clove essential oil. This oil is highly antiviral and antibacterial. Ever hear of placing a drop of clove oil on a sore tooth or gum? It not only knocks out the pain -- it immediately destroys all surrounding bacteria and refreshes your mouth and breath too.
Put this powerful oil to work for you around the home. You can make an antiseptic spray by placing a few drops of it in water and use as a mister in a small spray bottle. Spray it to refresh stale closets and drawers and gargle with it when you feel a sore throat coming on.
The inhabitants of the island of Ternate, in eastern Indonesia, were free from epidemics until Dutch explorers destroyed the clove trees that flourished on their island.Syzygium aromaticum
Botanical family: Myrtaceae
Extraction: Steam distilled from bud and stem
Properties: Antioxidant, blood-thinning, antiseptic, antimicrobial, numbs the gums, heals mouth sores; contains eugenol, known to kill the tuberculosis bacillus
Fragrant influence: Promotes healing, sleep, dreaming, and a sense of protection and courage
Browse a selection of premium retail or wholesale clove oil
Clove oil recipes
- Diffuse or apply topically, mixed with massage oil
- Add 2 drops clove to 4 oz. water, use as mouthwash/gargle
- Apply to sore tooth or painful gum
- Add drop to rice milk and drink as dietary supplement
- Apply neat to soles of feet to ward off colds
- Place drop on back of tongue to break smoking habit
- Place drop on back of tongue to stop hacking cough
Blends well with ...
Rosemary CT cineol
MORE AROMATHERAPY RECIPES
CLOVE ESSENTIAL OIL >>> HOME PAGE INDEX OF AROMATHERAPY OILS